Ballinasloe Credit Union is a progressive financial services provider with over 19,500 members and total assets of €127 million. Our offices are based on the main street in the heart of the community in Ballinasloe. Our core value is to promote the financial wellbeing of our members, while at the same time helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable. To achieve this purpose, the Credit Union is committed to providing a broad range of innovative financial products and services.
Principal responsibilities of the role:
The Finance Officer will report directly to the CFO and will have responsibility for the delivery of timely and accurate financial management reporting and regulatory reporting along with elements of day-to-day operations of the finance function. The appointee will work with the CFO to ensure that our financial management is in line with regulatory and industry best practice.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management and statutory accounts to include Income &amp; Expenditure Account, Balance Sheet, and other strategic and financial KPI’s as may be specified
- Assist in preparing and monitoring monthly and annual budgets, including reporting on variances from budgets and projections to actual results
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Processing purchase invoicing, accounts payable and reconciliation of creditor accounts
- Ensuring effective processes and controls are kept in place to accurately measure and report financial performance
- Maintain investment register and review regularly with CFO
- Support the CFO and other areas of the Credit Union by providing analysis of financial information and associated data
- Continuous improvement – identification of opportunities for improvement of analysis and reporting and implementation of efficiency models
- Support the CFO by providing analysis of financial information, with the provision of ad hoc reports that will lead to new business initiatives
- Ensure that regulatory returns are completed &amp; submitted in an accurate and timely manner
- Attend training programmes and workshops as required by the credit union
- Maintenance of policy and procedure documentation in relation to the finance function.
- Support the CFO in any undertakings pertaining to the Credit Union
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Accounting Technician with minimum of 2 years’ industry or relevant practice experience. Experience in financial services would be ideal.
Typically, you will have:
- High level of accounting and financial analysis knowledge.
- A commitment to ongoing learning and self-development including developing a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations pertaining to credit unions.
- A clear appreciation of customer/member centricity and the role the Finance function plays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills with strong attention to detail and a solutions-oriented approach and ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can work effectively as part of a team but willing to take personal accountability.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Death in service benefit
- Ongoing training and development
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: April 3rd, 2023