Ballinasloe Credit Union is a progressive financial services provider with over 19,500 members and total assets of €127 million. Our offices are based on the main street in the heart of the community in Ballinasloe. Our core value is to promote the financial wellbeing of our members, while at the same time helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable.
To achieve this purpose, the Credit Union is committed to providing a broad range of innovative financial products and services.
Key responsibilities of the role
As the Office Administrator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning and delivery of our Credit Union’s daily operations. The successful candidate will be required to support various departments where necessary. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager your key responsibilities will include:
Reception and Member Relations: You will be responsible for managing the reception area, warmly welcoming members and visitors, and addressing their queries this may be through letter, email or phone. Or directing them to the appropriate department or individual. . Providing excellent member/customer service and maintaining a professional atmosphere at all times will be essential. Develop and maintain strong working relationships and deliver excellent service to distribution channels
Scheduling and Coordination: You will handle scheduling member and vendor meetings, coordinating appointments, and managing the office calendar efficiently. Effective communication and coordination between departments will be vital in ensuring smooth operations and Interaction with various vendors, IT, phone and building personnel as needed
Administrative Support: You will provide comprehensive administrative support, including document preparation, data entry, record-keeping, scanning and managing correspondence. Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential for maintaining accurate and up-to-date records. Maintain in-house system records effectively and with high accuracy. Post Office/Bank runs when needed, preparation of documents when and ad-hoc administration as required
Office Efficiency: Your role will involve ensuring the efficiency of daily office operations. This includes managing office supplies, overseeing office equipment, liaising with vendors, and addressing any operational issues promptly and effectively. Acquire all relevant product knowledge to be able to sell, upsell, and/or cross sell products which meet with member/customer needs.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organise, and prioritise work,
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work in a timely manner
- Adhere to all Credit Union policies and procedures
- Imperative that the successful candidate is a team player, works well under pressure, has a very good telephone manner, and has a “can do” attitude.
- Previous experience in a similar receptionist or office coordinator role is preferred but not essential
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Death in service benefit
- Ongoing training and development
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 9th July, 2023